THE NEWEST ADDITION TO THE FAMILY ~ ALANA NIKOLE BARKER

On March 26th, 2010 at 6:36pm our daughter Alana Nikole Barker came into this world. She has brought so much love and joy into our lives already, and is only 5 months old! She was born at 37 weeks, 1 day gestation and weighed 5 lbs, 10.2 oz and was 19.5 inches at birth.

Read our story, watch her grow, & follow our journey into parenthood on our blog!


Alana Nikole Barker



Professional photos provided on this blog, are courtesy of www.KaceyM.com

Our Vancouver, BC Wedding

Our Vancouver, BC Wedding
08.04.2007

Our Valley of Fire Wedding

Our Valley of Fire Wedding
03.17.2007

EMBRACING PARENTHOOD

EMBRACING PARENTHOOD

Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Pregnant!!

So today I took a HPT because I was having really bad abdominal cramping and thinking my period was on its way. To be safe however, I decided to stop by my local Dollar Tree store and pick up a cheap home pregnancy test. I took it, and only saw one line at first and got upset thinking, "Great....another month of negative tests!" Then I started looking closer and a second pink line began to emerg.....and it got progressively darker and darker until it was purple, darker than the control line!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I took another 2 tests (other brands) and they were positive as well! My pregnancy was confirmed by a blood test a few days later and my subsequent beta results tripled within a short amount of time....I'm definitely expecting!


I told Chad by placing a piece of bread in the shape of a bun in the oven....I told him after he got home from work that there is something in the oven keeping warm for him....He pulled out the bread and was like, "What the heck?! Old bread?" Then I held my tummy, with tears in my eyes....and told him..."Bun in the oven....get it? I'm pregnant!" He immediately told me to get a "real" pregnancy test since I used a Dollar Tree one the first time and then he believed me. He rushed out to the liquor store to get some alcohol to celebrate, but not for me of course.

So I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant today.  Based on my ovulation day and my calendar, I believe this baby was conceived in Las Vegas on a recent trip in July 2009.  So, "What happens in Vegas...didn't stay in Vegas!".  I can't wait to tell the world, but will keep this news a secret from my friends at work for 12 weeks if I can.  After two long years of struggling to get pregnant, this is FANTASTIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment